Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Washtenaw County War Memorial
Location. 42° 16.646′ N, 83° 43.821′ W. Marker is in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in Washtenaw County. Marker is on Geddes Avenue near Observetory Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1399 Geddes Avenue, Ann Arbor MI 48104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Michigan Summer Symposium in Theoretical Physics (approx. 0.3 miles away); Engineering at Michigan (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Denison Archway (approx. 0.3 miles away); William L. Clements Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Martha Cook Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); The University of Michigan Men's Glee Club (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rackham School of Graduate Studies (approx. half a mile away); Law Quadrangle (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Ann Arbor.
More about this marker. Monument, consisting of a statue of a Civil War soldier, in Forest Hill Cemetery, Ann Arbor. It was originally placed in 1914 on the lawn of the old Washtenaw County Courthouse
In memory of the soldiers and sailors of Washtenaw County who served in the Civil War, 1861-1865, also those who served in the war with Spain, 1898. Erected A. D. 1914.
Categories. • War, Spanish-American • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. This page has been viewed 1,202 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dave Wilcox of Grass Lake, Michigan. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.