Pontiac in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Civil War
1861 * 1865
* * *
Frances C. Butterfield
Tent No. 9
Daughters of Union Veterans
Erected 1927 by Daughters of Union Veterans.
Location. 42° 38.189′ N, 83° 17.288′ W. Marker is in Pontiac, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of Woodward Avenue (Business U.S. 24) and Water Street, on the right when traveling north on Woodward Avenue. Click for map. Located in front of the Pontiac City Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Pontiac MI 48342, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oak Hill Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Academy of the Sacred Heart (approx. 5 miles away); Meadow Brook Hall (approx. 5.1 miles away); a different marker also named Meadow Brook Hall (approx. 5.1 miles away); Four Towns Methodist Church (approx. 6.5 miles away); The Kresge Foundation (approx. 7.2 miles away); Huston Building (approx. 7.2 miles away); Bell Building (approx. 7.2 miles away).
More about this marker. Monument, consisting of a statue
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. This page has been viewed 1,020 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Al Barrera of Brownstown, Michigan. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.