St. Clairsville in Belmont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Belmont County Revolutionary War Veterans
This memorial plaque was placed by the Zane's Trace Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution in grateful memory of those buried in the soil of Belmont County who loved country more than life and served in the American Revolution - 1775 - 1783.
Dedicated July 4, 1976
Erected 1976 by Zane's Trace Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 4.836′ N, 80° 54.049′ W. Marker is in St. Clairsville, Ohio, in Belmont County. Click for map. Marker is on the south facade of the Belmont County Courthouse, about fifteen feet east of the entrance stairs. The courthouse is at the intersection of Main and Market Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 W. Main Street (US Route 40 - National Road), Saint Clairsville OH 43950, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Medal of Honor Recipients of Belmont County (a few steps from this marker); Milestone Marks where Extension of National Road... (a few steps from this marker); Belmont County Veterans Memorial Governor Arthur St. Clair 1734-1818 (within shouting distance of this marker); Home of Benjamin Lundy (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Benjamin Lundy Champion of Freedom (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Honor of Sgt. Sylvester Antolak US Army (approx. 1.1 miles away); Blaine Hill "S" Bridge / Blaine Hill Viaduct (approx. 4.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in St. Clairsville.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 856 times since then and 87 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.