Florence in Pinal County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
John P. Clum House
Typical of transitional architecture, the home is a Sonoran adobe with an Anglo-influenced roof.
William Guild, electrical engineer and postmaster, owned the home in 1884, when he replaced the wood shingles with a metal roof. In 1974, former governor Ernest McFarland renovated the house. Many of its original interior features, including an elegant marble fireplace, remain intact.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places
Erected 1986 by Town of Florence and Arizona Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arizona, Historic Florence Walking Tour marker series.
Location. 33° 1.985′ N, 111° 23.285′ W. Marker is in Florence, Arizona, in Pinal County. Marker is on North Granite Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 180 North Granite Street, Florence AZ 85132, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Clark House (within shouting distance of this marker); Aquiles Arriola Square Denier & Richmond General Merchandise Store (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Nicholas Saloon and Beer Hall (about 300 feet away); Emma Monk Guild House (about 300 feet away); John Zellweger House (about 300 feet away); Nicholas Residence (about 300 feet away); John Nicholas Building (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Florence.
Regarding John P. Clum House. This site is #19 on the self-guided Historic Florence Walking Tour.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 943 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.