Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Confederate Gun Shop
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 135-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 46.846′ N, 84° 26.633′ W. Marker is in Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of Orange Street SE and 12th Avenue NE, on the right when traveling north on Orange Street SE. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Terrell County (approx. Confederate Gun Shop (approx. half a mile away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Old Herod Town (approx. 5.6 miles away); General Andrew Jackson (approx. 5.7 miles away); Pursuit of Jefferson Davis (approx. 13.9 miles away); Koinonia Farm (approx. 16.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dawson.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 871 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.