Near Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
General Andrew Jackson
Erected 1913 by Dorothy Walton Chapter, D.A.R. Mrs. W. A. McLain, Regent. Land donated by Mr. W. L. Gumm.
Erected 1913 by Dorothy Walton Chapter, D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 31° 41.933′ N, 84° 26.5′ W. Marker is near Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of Herod Highway (Georgia Route 55) and County Route 164, on the right when traveling north on Herod Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Herod Town (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.2 miles away); Terrell County (approx. Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.7 miles away); Calhoun County (approx. 14.5 miles away); Pursuit of Jefferson Davis (approx. 17.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dawson.
Categories. • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 920 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.