Near Dawson in Terrell County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Herod Town
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 135-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 41.953′ N, 84° 26.51′ W. Marker is near Dawson, Georgia, in Terrell County. Marker is at the intersection of Herod Highway (Georgia Route 55) and County Route 164, on the right when traveling north on Herod Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson GA 39842, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General Andrew Jackson (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.1 miles away); Terrell County (approx. 5.1 miles away); Chickasawhatchee Primitive Baptist Church Gen. Patrick Cleburne Camp, S.C.V. (approx. 5.3 miles away); a different marker also named Confederate Gun Shop (approx. 5.6 miles away); Calhoun County (approx. 14.6 miles away); Pursuit of Jefferson Davis (approx. 17.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dawson.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by Terry L. Lambert of Brinson, Georgia. 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.