Franklin Lakes in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Franklin Lakes United Methodist Church
William V. Pulis donated a lot ‘in a most commanding part of the village.’ and the stone church was completed in 1921, built of rocks from the farmers’ fields.
For many years the only church to serve the community, the new sanctuary was added in 1968 to serve the growing congregation.
Erected by Bergen County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 41° 1.327′ N, 74° 12.112′ W. Marker is in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of Pulis Avenue and Mabel Ann Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Pulis Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin Lakes NJ 07417, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin Avenue (approx. 0.2 miles away); Van Voorhees – Quackenbush – Zabriskie House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Wyckoff Reformed Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Ackerman House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hendrik Van Allen House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hendrick Van Allen House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Franklin Lake (approx. 2.2 miles away); Dahlgren Gun (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Franklin Lakes.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on January 31, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 995 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.