Griffin in Spalding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 126-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 11.851′ N, 84° 13.058′ W. Marker is in Griffin, Georgia, in Spalding County. Marker is at the intersection of Macon Highway (Old U.S. 41) and Quail Hollow Road, on the right when traveling north on Macon Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Griffin GA 30224, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Grain Elevator (approx. The Fannin Avengers (approx. 3.5 miles away); Spalding Grays (approx. 3.5 miles away); To the Women of Griffin and Spalding County (approx. 3.9 miles away); In Memoriam (approx. 4 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 4 miles away); Georgia Militia at Griffin (approx. 4 miles away); The Orphan Brigade (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Griffin.
Categories. • 20th Century • Government • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 601 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.