Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Tubac in Santa Cruz County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Churches in Tubac

 
 
Churches in Tubac Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
1. Churches in Tubac Marker
Inscription. Several Tubac churches have stood on this site. The first, a shelter built by Jesuit missionaries in the early 1700's, was administered from Tumacacori. About 1760 Captain De Anza built a chapel for presidio soldiers. A later church was visited by Father Machebeuf, Vicar General from Santa Fe. Father Duval of Nogales built a church in 1910, which crumbled in the heavy rains of 1914 and was rebuilt in 1920.
 
Erected by Tubac Historical Society and the Arizona Historical Society.
 
Location. 31° 36.746′ N, 111° 2.819′ W. Marker is in Tubac, Arizona, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is on Calle Iglesia, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 Calle Iglesia, Tubac AZ 85646, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tubac Schools (a few steps from this marker); Tubac Presidio (within shouting distance of this marker); Presidio of Tubac (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Debrille Poston (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Baca Float Number 3 (about 500
Tubac Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
2. Tubac Marker
Marker is mounted on the wall of St. Ann's Church, behind the bushes on the left.
feet away); Tubac (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mission San José de Tumacácori (approx. 3.1 miles away); Boy Scout Memorial (approx. 12.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Tubac.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Notable BuildingsSettlements & Settlers
 
St. Ann's Church image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, January 26, 2010
3. St. Ann's Church
Historical marker is left of entrance behind bushes.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 713 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement