Buena Vista in Marion County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
New Courthouse - 1850
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 098-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 19.1′ N, 84° 31.067′ W. Marker is in Buena Vista, Georgia, in Marion County. Marker is on Broad Street (Georgia Route 41) 0 miles south of 4th Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The marker is located in front of the courthouse in Buena Vista. Marker is in this post office area: Buena Vista GA 31803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Old Courthouse – 1848 (approx. 6.2 miles away); Church Hill (approx. 10.9 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 11 miles away); Old Federal Road (approx. 11.2 miles away); Fort Perry (approx. 11.2 miles away); Providence Chapel (approx. 15.7 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions • Roads & Vehicles • War, Mexican-American •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 720 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4. submitted on , by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.