Websters Mill in Fulton County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
This pioneer grist mill was built in 1812 by William Hunter. It has been in use continuously since that date. It is powered by a water wheel and uses much of the old-style machinery in its present operation.
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 51.576′ N, 78° 2.154′ W. Marker is in Websters Mill, Pennsylvania, in Fulton County. Marker is on Great Cove Road (U.S. 522), on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is opposite the mill, about 300 feet south of US 522 intersection with Clio Road, and about 5½ miles south of McConnellsburg. Marker is in this post office area: Mc Connellsburg PA 17233, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Big Spring Graveyard (approx. 2.3 miles away); A Quest for Honor (approx. 4.4 miles away); James Buchanan The Early Years (approx. 4.4 miles away); Birthplace of James Buchanan (approx. 4.4 miles away); Stony Batter Birthplace of a President (approx. 4.4 miles away); President James Buchanan Last Confederate Bivouac (approx. 4.5 miles away); a different marker also named Last Confederate Bivouac (approx. 4.5 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 646 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.