Talbotton in Talbot County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Straus Home Site
←— 1 bl. —«
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 130-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 40.65′ N, 84° 32.467′ W. Marker is in Talbotton, Georgia, in Talbot County. Marker is at the intersection of West Monroe Street (Georgia Route 208) and North Jefferson Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Monroe Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Talbotton GA 31827, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Talbot County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Session Supreme Court of Georgia (about 300 feet away); Straus Home Site (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Straus Home Site (about 400 feet away); Zion Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Washington Towns (approx. ¼ mile away); 1831 Talbotton United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Talbotton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 512 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.