Talbotton in Talbot County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 130-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 40.651′ N, 84° 32.414′ W. Marker is in Talbotton, Georgia, in Talbot County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue (Georgia Route 41) and West Monroe Street (Georgia Route 208), on the right when traveling south on Washington Avenue. Click for map. The marker is located on the northeast corner of the Talbot County Courthouse square. Marker is in this post office area: Talbotton GA 31827, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Straus Home Site (within shouting distance of this marker); First Session Supreme Court of Georgia (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Straus Home Site (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Straus Home Site (about 500 feet away); Zion Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1831 Talbotton United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); George Washington Towns (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Talbotton.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 755 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by Michael Dover of Ellerslie, Georgia. 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.