Roscoe in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Dr. Maro Johnson's House - c.1833
From 1833-1841 this property was owned by Joseph Kerr Johnson, father of John and David Johnson of the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum and no relation to Maro Johnson. Built c.1833-1838, the house and property were purchased by Maro Johnson and John Burns in 1841. Johnson purchased Burn's share of the house in 1847.
The house was restored and opened for tours in 1971.
Erected by Roscoe Village Foundation.
Location. 40° 16.714′ N, 81° 52.588′ W. Marker is in Roscoe, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is on Whitewoman Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is about 200 feet north of the Johnson-Humrickhouse Museum (300 N. Whitewoman Street). Marker is in this post office area: Coshocton OH 43812, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. Maro Johnson's Office - 1842 (a few steps from this marker); Wilson Jacob House - c.1890 (within shouting distance of this marker); James LeRetilley Building - 1847 (within shouting distance of this marker); Daniel Boyd House - c.1825 (within shouting distance of this marker); William Roscoe Building - 1840 24 Star Flag (within shouting distance of this marker); James Taylor House (Reconstructed) - 1971 (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Warehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Click for a list of all markers in Roscoe.
Also see . . . Roscoe Village Foundation. (Submitted on February 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Additional keywords. Ohio and Erie Canal
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on , by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page was last revised on August 30, 2016.