Burnet in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Badger Building
For the latter part of the nineteenth century the structure housed a hardware store. In 1903 the newly formed Burnet National Bank was located here and remained at this site until it closed as a result of the economic depression of the 1930s.
The Badger Building has also been used by the State Parks Board, the Burnet Rural Telephone Company, the Farm Loan Association, doctors, lawyers, and various businesses. From 1948 to 1959 it served as the Burnet Post Office. In 1966 the structure was occupied by the Youth and Community Center.
Erected 1980 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9696.)
Location. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 229 S Pierce St, Burnet TX 78611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Adam R. Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); The Burnet Bulletin (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Galloway House (about 400 feet away); Burnet County Jail (about 400 feet away); Oldest Commercial Building in Burnet (about 500 feet away); Old Cook Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rocky Rest (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Russell-McFarland Homestead (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Burnet.
Also see . . . The Badger Building. Old picture of the Badger Building at the Burnet County Photo Album hosted by rootsweb.com (Submitted on February 12, 2010, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 626 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.