Griffin in Spalding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 126-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 16.655′ N, 84° 16.991′ W. Marker is in Griffin, Georgia, in Spalding County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Atlanta Road and East McIntosh Road, on the right when traveling north on Old Atlanta Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Griffin GA 30223, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old McIntosh Road (approx. ¼ mile away); a different Confederate Camp (approx. 0.6 miles away); Georgia Experiment Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Founding of Griffin (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Founding of Griffin (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lewis Lawrence Griffin (approx. 2.3 miles away); The City of Griffin (approx. 2.3 miles away); Spalding County (approx. 2.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Griffin.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 932 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.