Decatur in Morgan County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Missionary Baptist Church
Erected by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 34° 36.87′ N, 86° 59.304′ W. Marker is in Decatur, Alabama, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of Vine Street Northwest and Grove Street Northwest, on the left when traveling north on Vine Street Northwest. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Decatur AL 35601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. “An Affair Most Important to Us” - The Federal Right, October 27-28, 1864 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dancy-Polk House (circa 1829) (approx. 0.2 miles away); “A Hard Nut To Crack” - Federal Defenses at Decatur (approx. 0.2 miles away); Schaudies - Banks Cottage (approx. ľ mile away); Two Bridges Across The Tennessee River (approx. ľ mile away); “a place of importance” - Union Leadership at Decatur (approx. 0.3 miles away); Burleson House (circa 1836) (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old State Bank Building (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Decatur.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 968 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. 2, 3. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.