Washington Court House in Fayette County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fayette County Civil War Memorial
during the Rebellion of 1861-1865
It is believed that this statue
was placed in this cemetery
between 1905 and 1913.
Following a partial
restoration in 1995 by Irene
Grim Looker, National
President of the Ladies of the
Grand Army of the Republic, it
was totally restored and
mounted on this granite
pedestal in 2007 by
Henry Casey Camp 92
Sons of Union Veterans of the
Location. 39° 32.316′ N, 83° 25.063′ W. Marker is in Washington Court House, Ohio, in Fayette County. Click for map. Memorial is in Washington Cemetery, with entrance off Washington Avenue (US Route 22). The memorial is about 100 feet north of the mausoleum. Marker is in this post office area: Washington Court House OH 43160, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Harry M . Daugherty (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Judy Memorial Chapel (about 300 feet away); Soldiers’ Row (about 700 feet away); St. Colman Church and Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Washington Court House Morris Sharp House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Veterans Bicentennial Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); 104mm German Cannon (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Washington Court House.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 947 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.