Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
of the Golden West
was organized on these premises
The site of the
on September 1, 1886.
This tablet is placed
In memory of
the founding of the order
Ursula Parlor No. 1, N.D.G.W.
The Mother Parlor
April 12, 1932
The thirteen original signers (Sept. 11, 1886)
Lilly O. Reichling (Dyer), Founder
Tina L. Kane, Past Grand President
Ella E. Caminetti, Past Grand President
Erected 1932 by Ursula Parlar No.1, Native Daughters of the Golden West. (Marker Number 34.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 38° 20.944′ N, 120° 46.457′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is on Main Street near Court Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 Main Street, Jackson CA 95642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Levy & Co. (here, next to this marker); Weller Hardware, Pioneer Hall (here, next to this marker); Stampfly's Tent, Republic House (here, next to this marker); - Jackson - (a few steps from this marker); Brumel's Building (a few steps from this marker); Steckler's Building Miners Restaurant & Exchange (within shouting distance of this marker); S. Harris Clothing Store (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Jackson.
Regarding Pioneer Hall. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No. 34 on August 1, 1932.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Landmarks • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,283 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. 4. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.