Devon in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Baptist Church in the Great Valley
Organized in 1711 by Welsh families, it is the third oldest Baptist church in the State and the mother of eight nearby congregations. The present building, the second, was erected in 1805.
Erected 1951 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 4.005′ N, 75° 26.006′ W. Marker is in Devon, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is on Valley Forge Road (Pennsylvania Route 1007) 0.4 miles south of U.S. 202, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 945 North Valley Forge Road, Devon PA 19333, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Benjamin Bartholomew (within shouting distance of this marker); Anthony Wayne's Headquarters, 1777-78 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Pennsylvania Division (approx. 1.5 miles away); In Memory of Unknown Soldiers (approx. 1.5 miles away); Valley Forge Hut (approx. 1.5 miles away); Generals and Cattle Raids (approx. 1.5 miles away); Anthony Wayne (approx. 1.5 miles away); Devon Horse Show (approx. 1.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Devon.
Also see . . . History of The Baptist Church in the Great Valley (Submitted on March 2, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 609 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.