Orangeburg in Orangeburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Mr. and Mrs. J.M. Albergotti, Sr.
for their sustaining interest in public
recreation for children.
Their generous financial contribution
made possible the establishment of the
first city playground near this site.
Dedicated to the Youth of Orangeburg
Erected 1955 by The Orangeburg Garden Club. (Marker Number 38-2.)
Location. 33° 29.43′ N, 80° 52.515′ W. Marker is in Orangeburg, South Carolina, in Orangeburg County. Marker is on Riverside Dr SW, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The playground is in the Edisto Memorial Gardens, accessible from US 301. Marker is in this post office area: Orangeburg SC 29115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Defense of Edisto Bridge (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Orangeburg County / Discovering Orangeburg (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pioneer Graveyard (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Dixie Club Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Veterans Memorial Fountain (approx. half a mile away); Confederate Flag Veterans Memorial Park (approx. half a mile away); The Two Old Guns Of Captain Henry Felder (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Orangeburg.
Also see . . . "Orangeburg, SC " By Gene Atkinson, page 118 with photos. (Submitted on June 23, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 947 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on , by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.