Douglas in Cochise County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Douglas Police Headquarters
Elizabeth W. Ames, Mayor
Hector M. Salinas, Ward 1
Richard A. Arzate, Ward 2
Ramon H. Jordan, Ward 3
Harry F. Ames , Ward 4
Margaret Shannon, Ward 5
Rudy Quinonez, Ward 6
R. Delbert Self, City Manager
Charles E. Austin, Chief of Police
Albert N Hooper, Jr., Architect
Price Woods, Inc., Contractor
Paul Heidel, Superintendent
Building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Built as the El Paso & Southwestern Railroad Depot, 1914. Renovated as the Douglas Police Headquarters, 1992.
Funded through the U. S. Customs Asset Sharing Program and the Arizona Heritage Fund.
Arizona Department of Corrections provided inmate labor.
Erected by City of Douglas.
Location. 31° 20.952′ N, 109° 33.386′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Arizona, in Cochise County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East 14th Street and 14th Street & Pan American Ave.. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 East 14th Street, Douglas AZ 85607, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Library Hall - The Douglas Public Library Mormon Battalion (approx. 1.2 miles away); Douglas International Airport (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Mormon Battalion (approx. 9.6 miles away).
Regarding Douglas Police Headquarters. Built in 1913, the two story Beaux Arts Classic Revival style depot saw as many as eight passenger trains a day in the 1920's.
Categories. • Government • Notable Buildings • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 986 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.