New Canton in Buckingham County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Buckingham Baptist Church
1771 - 1949
by order King of England as an
Episcopal Church. Reorganized as
Baptist Church in 1771 with
Rene Chastain, Pastor
Edgar H Patton, Pastor
Location. 37° 37.059′ N, 78° 22.61′ W. Marker is in New Canton, Virginia, in Buckingham County. Marker is on James Madison Highway (U.S. 15) 0.3 miles north of Trents Mill Road (County Route 622), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Canton VA 23123, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Buckingham Church (a few steps from this marker); Female Collegiate Institute (approx. 2.4 miles away); Carter G. Woodson (approx. 3 miles away); Arvonia (approx. 5 miles away); Carter G. Woodson Birthplace (approx. 6.7 miles away); a different marker also named Carter G. Woodson Birthplace (approx. 6.9 miles away); Gold Mines (approx. 7 miles away); Buckingham Training School (approx. 7.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Canton.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,148 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.