HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
            “Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
  Home  — My Markers  — Add A Marker  — Marker Series  — Links & Books  — Forum  — About Us
Glen Burnie in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Marley Chapel
 
Marley Chapel Marker Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, December 30, 2002
1. Marley Chapel Marker
 
Inscription. Erected, 1731, near this site, Marley Chapel served as a chapel of ease for the northern parish area of St. Margaretís Episcopal Church. After its abandonment bricks from the chapel were used in constructing St. Albanís Episcopal Church, Glen Burnie, completed 1904.
 
Erected by Ann Arrundell Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 9.355′ N, 76° 36.031′ W. Marker is in Glen Burnie, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is at the intersection of Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard (Maryland Route 648) and Furnace Branch Road (Maryland Route 270), on the right when traveling south on Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Glen Burnie MD 21060, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Harundale Mall (approx. 0.9 miles away); To All Who Served (approx. 1.1 miles away); Recreation Acres (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sgt. Ronald M. Randazzo (approx. 1.3 miles away); World War 1917 (approx. 1.4 miles away); World War II (approx. 1.5 miles away); St. Alban's Episcopal Church (approx. 1.5 miles away); Marley Neck School (approx. 2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Glen Burnie.
 
Also see . . .
 
Marley Chapel Photo, Click for full size
By St. Alban's Episcopal Church
2. Marley Chapel
This drawing of the chapel is included on the St. Alban's website: www.st-albans.ang-md.org.
 
 History of St. Alban's Episcopal Church. (Submitted on October 9, 2007.)
 
St. Alban's Episcopal Church Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
3. St. Alban's Episcopal Church
The church that was built in part with the bricks from the Marley Chapel, located at 1st Avenue and A Street, 1.8 miles west of the historical marker.
 
 
Maryland Historic Place Plaque Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
4. Maryland Historic Place Plaque
Plaque attached to St. Alban's Episcopal Church.
 
 
Old Marley Church Stone Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
5. Old Marley Church Stone
Stone built into the St. Alban's Episcopal Church.
 
 
Stone Marker on St. Alban's Church grounds. Photo, Click for full size
By F. Robby, October 30, 2007
6. Stone Marker on St. Alban's Church grounds.
"The site of Old Marley Chapel A.D. 1731-1904. Now St. Alban's Glen Burnie. (arrow pointing east) ← 1½ M."
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,986 times since then. Photos:   1. submitted on October 9, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   2. submitted on September 7, 2013, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.   3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 30, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
 
Recommend or Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr


•••
More Search Options
 
Markers
Near You

 
Categories

 
States & Provinces

 
Counties
Click to List


 
Countries

Page composed
in 278 ms.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To search within this page, hold down the Ctrl key and press F.
On an Apple computer,
hold down the Apple key and press F.