Gulf Shores in Baldwin County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Fort Bowyer War of 1812
Erected 1972 by Alabama Society United States Daughters of 1812.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 13.756′ N, 88° 1.367′ W. Marker was in Gulf Shores, Alabama, in Baldwin County. Marker was on Dixie Graves Highway. Click for map. Fort Morgan is now located at this location. Marker was in this post office area: Gulf Shores AL 36542, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. 6.4” (100 pounder) Parrott Rifle / 7” Brooke Rifle (a few steps from this marker); U.S. Model 1918M1 155mm Gun and Model 1918A1 Carriage (within shouting distance of this marker); The Overland Campaign (within shouting distance of this marker); Battery Schenck (1899-1923) Battery Thomas (1898-1917) (within shouting distance of this marker); The Citadel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Noble Leslie DeVotie (about 300 feet away); 32 Pounder Sea Coast Defense Gun (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Gulf Shores.
Also see . . . Fort Bowyer. Fort Bowyer was a fort the Americans erected on Mobile Point situated at the mouth of Mobile Bay. (Submitted on March 16, 2010, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Notable Events • Notable Places • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 2,153 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. 2, 3. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on December 21, 2016.