Washington in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Eight miles east from Washington, GA.
First cotton mill in the South
Erected 1923 by Boyd Ficklen.
Location. 33° 44.275′ N, 82° 44.343′ W. Marker is in Washington, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is at the intersection of East Court Street and East Square, on the left when traveling east on East Court Street. Click for map. The marker is stands in front of the Wilkes County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23 East Court Street, Washington GA 30673, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilkes County (here, next to this marker); Jefferson Davis (here, next to this marker); The Dissolution of the Confederate Government (a few steps from this marker); Washington-Wilkes Vietnam Monument (a few steps from this marker); Woodmen of the World Supreme Sacrifice Monument (a few steps from this marker); Washington, Wilkes County, Georgia (a few steps from this marker); Last Cabinet Meeting of the C.S.A. (a few steps from this marker); Wilkes County Courthouses (a few steps from this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Washington.
Regarding Bolton Factory. The marker
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 693 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.