Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Crownsville in Anne Arundel County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Henry Baldwin

 
 
Henry Baldwin Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, January 13, 2005
1. Henry Baldwin Marker
Inscription. Near this spot lies buried Henry Baldwin officer and engineer in the Revolutionary War 1777–1783. Charter member of the Society of the Cincinnati. Born Dec. 23, 1753 – Died Oct 15, 1793, at Rising Sun, Anne Arundel Co., Maryland.
 
Erected 1938 by Ann Arundel Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
 
Location. 39° 2.595′ N, 76° 36.472′ W. Marker is in Crownsville, Maryland, in Anne Arundel County. Marker is on Generals Highway (Maryland Route 178) one mile south of Sunrise Beach Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Crownsville MD 21032, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Count de Rochambeau’s (approx. half a mile away); Baldwin Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Severn Crossroads Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Stage-Coach Road (approx. 1.6 miles away); Charles W. Baldwin Hall (approx. 1.6 miles away);
Henry Baldwin Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, January 13, 2005
2. Henry Baldwin Marker
Marker as it appears from the Generals Highway roadway.
Anne Arundel Academy (approx. 1.8 miles away); Belvoir (approx. 2.1 miles away); Shipley's Choice (approx. 2.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Crownsville.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesColonial EraPatriots & PatriotismWar, US Revolutionary
 
Rising Sun Tavern image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, December 29, 2002
3. Rising Sun Tavern
Rising Sun Tavern is located approximately one-half mile north of the Henry Baldwin marker.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,066 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement