Denton in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
John B. Denton
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 2767.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 33° 12.887′ N, 97° 7.969′ W. Marker is in Denton, Texas, in Denton County. Marker is on Hickory Street near Elm Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. On courthouse square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 W. Hickory Street, Denton TX 76201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The City of Denton (here, next to this marker); Beulah A. Harriss (approx. 0.3 miles away); Elm Fork Bridge (approx. 8.3 miles away); Plainview Cemetery (approx. 12 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Military • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,079 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.