Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Union City in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

First County Courthouse

 
 
First County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, March 14, 2010
1. First County Courthouse Marker
Inscription. The first court house where Alameda County government began, June 6, 1853. Officials met in two-story wooden building erected by Henry C. Smith and A. M. Church as merchandise store. Seat of government moved to San Leandro in 1856 following vote of people of county in December 1854.
State Registered Landmark No. 503

 
Erected 1953 by California State Park Commission and the Alameda County Parlors of the Native Sons and Daughters of the Golden West. (Marker Number 503.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the California Historical Landmarks marker series.
 
Location. 37° 35.8′ N, 122° 4.866′ W. Marker is in Union City, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on Union City Boulevard near Cambridge Way, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 30925 Union City Boulevard, Union City CA 94587, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Flight 93 Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Site of the Nationís First Successful Beet Sugar Factory (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ardenwood Historic Farm / George Washington Patterson Ranch
First County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, March 14, 2010
2. First County Courthouse Marker
(approx. 3.2 miles away); Leal Tank House (approx. 3.3 miles away); Honcharenkoís Sanctuary (approx. 3.6 miles away); Hayward Public Library (approx. 5.1 miles away); Rancho San Lorenzo (approx. 5.1 miles away); Carter Brothers (approx. 5.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Union City.
 
Regarding First County Courthouse. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No.503 on July 31, 1953.
 
Categories. GovernmentNotable Places
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 899 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement