Pomeroy in Meigs County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Made in 1791
Meigs County by
Gen. S. W. Fountain, U.S.A.
May 30, 1925
Erected 1925 by Samuel Warren Fountain.
Location. 39° 1.655′ N, 82° 2.041′ W. Marker is in Pomeroy, Ohio, in Meigs County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street and Mulberry Avenue, on the left when traveling east on 2nd Street. Click for map. Marker is on the courthouse grounds. Marker is in this post office area: Pomeroy OH 45769, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meigs County Civil War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Morgan's Raid Route / Meigs County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Village of Pomeroy (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Sumner Huntington (approx. 0.3 miles away); Valentine Baxter Horton (approx. 0.4 miles away); James Edwin Campbell (approx. 1.7 miles away); Rear Admiral William W. Outerbridge (approx. 1.8 miles away); Major John B. Downing (approx. 1.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pomeroy.
Also see . . . Samuel Warren Fountain. (Submitted on March 22, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • War, Spanish-American •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 699 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.