Tucker in DeKalb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Loganís Corps Moves to Hendersonís Mill
When Lightburn returned, Logan withdrew the corps 1.5 mi. W. to Hendersonís Mill where it camped that night.
This withdrawal served two purposes: to make a more compact front for the Army of the Tennessee [US] & to get an adequate supply of water not available at Browningís.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 044-17.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 51.174′ N, 84° 13.705′ W. Marker is in Tucker, Georgia, in DeKalb County. Marker is at the intersection of Lavista Road (Georgia Route 236) and Midvale Road, on the right when traveling west on Lavista Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tucker GA 30084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Garrard's & Lightburn's to Stone Mountain (approx. 0.6 miles away); Browning's Courthouse Site: Hendersonís Mill (approx. 1.5 miles away); The March to Decatur (approx. 1.7 miles away); Logan's 15th & Blair's 17th A.C. to Decatur (approx. 1.7 miles away); Loganís 15th Corps & Garrardís Cavalry (approx. 2 miles away); Federal Left Wing to Decatur (approx. 2.4 miles away); Dodge's & Blair's Columns Separate (approx. 3.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Tucker.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 838 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.