Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
B.B. Comer Hall, 1908
As a member of the University's Corp of Cadets in 1865, Comer witnessed the burning of the campus by Federal troops. Later, as Governor, he strongly supported education and helped secure appropriations for the "Greater University Campaign," the first major expansion of the campus in the twentieth century.
Erected by University of Alabama.
Location. 33° 12.816′ N, 87° 32.813′ W. Marker is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of McCorvey Drive and Stadium Drive. Click for map. Building # 1043 the B. B. Comer Hall is located on the Campus of the University of Alabama. Marker is in this post office area: Tuscaloosa AL 35487, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Gorgas-Manly Historic District (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Woods Hall, 1868 (about 400 feet away); Marr’s Spring (about 500 feet away); Gorgas House (about 500 feet away); Morgan Hall, 1910 (about 500 feet away); Oliver-Barnard Hall The Little Round House (about 600 feet away); Site Of Franklin Hall (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Also see . . . University of Alabama Campus Tour, B. B. Comer Hall. (Submitted on March 25, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
Categories. • Education • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,043 times since then and 126 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.