Sheppards in Buckingham County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
New Store Village
Erected 1974 by Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number F 61.)
Location. 37° 23.442′ N, 78° 29.108′ W. Marker is in Sheppards, Virginia, in Buckingham County. Marker is at the intersection of James Madison Highway (U.S. 15) and Francisco Road (County Route 626), on the right when traveling south on James Madison Highway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Farmville VA 23901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Eve of Appomattox (here, next to this marker); Clifton (within shouting distance of this marker); March to Appomattox (approx. 2.4 miles away); Millbrook (approx. 4 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps Camp P-56, Company 1367 James F. Lipscomb (approx. 6.2 miles away); Cumberland Church (approx. 6.3 miles away); a different marker also named Cumberland Church (approx. 6.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sheppards.
Also see . . . Peter Francisco. A remarkable Revolutionary War hero. (Submitted on March 26, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Government • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 681 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.