Salado in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Anderson Place
Boarding here in 1883 while a student at Old Salado College was James E. Ferguson, 1915-1917 Governor of Texas—and husband of the first woman Governor.
Under paneling are cedar walls. Window glass is hand blown.
Erected 1965 by the State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 159.)
Location. 30° 56.773′ N, 97° 32.221′ W. Marker is in Salado, Texas, in Bell County. Marker is on South Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 35 S Main St, Salado TX 76571, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home of Orville Thomas Tyler (within shouting distance of this marker); Armstrong-Adams House (within shouting distance of this marker); Norton-Orgain House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church of Salado (about 600 feet away); The Davis Mill Louisa Adeline (Addie) Barton (about 600 feet away); Dodd's Creek Bridge (about 600 feet away); Home of Wellborn Barton (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Salado.
Regarding Old Anderson Place. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 909 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.