Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Mission Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 9286.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 36.585′ N, 94° 39.249′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is at the intersection of North Street and Muller Street, on the left when traveling north on North Street. Click for map. In front of Auto Zone. Marker is at or near this postal address: 707 North Street, Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. La Calle Real del Norte (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of the Home of Juan Antonio Padilla (about 500 feet away); Westminster Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away); Charles S. Taylor (about 600 feet away); Durst-Taylor House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ancient Mound (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of the home of James Dill (approx. 0.3 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Nacogdoches (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Nacogdoches.
Also see . . . Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe de los Nacogdoches Mission. Article about the history of this mission in the Handbook of Texas online. (Submitted on May 2, 2010.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,865 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 3. submitted on , by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.