Trenton in Butler County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of the home of Trenton's founder, Michael Pearce, and his wife, Phebe Squier Pearce. The family migrated from New Jersey in 1801, purchased 1,500 acres, and settled in this location. Michael Pearce and David Enyeart platted the village of 33 lots in 1816 under the name of Bloomfield. The name was changed to Trenton in 1820 upon application for a Post Office.
Location. 39° 28.854′ N, 84° 27.527′ W. Marker is in Trenton, Ohio, in Butler County. Marker is at the intersection of State Street (Ohio Route 73) and Miami Street / Hamilton Road, on the left when traveling west on State Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Trenton OH 45067, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Village of Trenton / The Elk Creek Baptist Church and Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Village of Miltonville (approx. 1.4 miles away); Bambo Harris Grist Mill (approx. 1.4 miles away); Busenbark / Dr. Charles F. Richter (approx. 1.8 miles away); Road of Remembrance (approx. 2.2 miles away); Middletown Veterans Memorial (approx. 3 miles away); Middletown Korean Conflict Memorial (approx. 3 miles away); Middletown World War II Memorial Chapel & Plaza (approx. 3 miles away).
Regarding Founder's Park.
Also see . . . City of Trenton. (Submitted on April 11, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 778 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.