Mableton in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Mitchell House
Ante-bellum res. of Wiley Martin Mitchell
—1800 - 1857 —
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-67.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 48.673′ N, 84° 34.313′ W. Marker is in Mableton, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Mableton Parkway (Georgia Route 139) and Old Gordon Road, on the right when traveling north on Mableton Parkway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mableton GA 30126, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Toward the River (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Turner's, Howell's Baker's & Sandtown Ferries Advance of the 17th A.C. Toward the River (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Mable House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Georgia Militia on Turner's Ferry Road (approx. 2 miles away); The Extended Right (approx. 2.4 miles away); The March to Soap Creek (approx. 2.4 miles away); Site: Wm. Moss House (approx. 2.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Mableton.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 936 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.