Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Old North Church
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 9301.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 40.074′ N, 94° 39.456′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is on County Road 205 south of County Road 202, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old North Church Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Nacogdoches County (approx. 1.3 miles away); Alton W. Birdwell (approx. 3.1 miles away); Stephen F. Austin State Teachers College During World War II (approx. 3.3 miles away); Site of the Home of Thomas J. Rusk Site of the Home of Juan Antonio Padilla (approx. 3.9 miles away); Westminster Presbyterian Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); La Calle Real del Norte (approx. 3.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Nacogdoches.
1. "Under This Tree" marker
Hurricane Rita, in 2005, brought down the old oak tree mentioned in "Under This Tree" marker. It's remains are still there.
— Submitted April 20, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 592 times since then and 75 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.