Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sutter Creek in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Bellotti Inn

 
 
Bellotti Inn Marker image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, April 9, 2010
1. Bellotti Inn Marker
Inscription. This hotel is a member of the State of California 100 Year Club and was opened for business in 1860. Bellotti Inn is one of oldest hotels still in continuous operation serving travelers in the State of California. The earliest hotel opened on this site was the American Exchange Hotel in 1858.
 
Erected 1967 by James W. Marshall Chapter No.49, E Clampus Vitus.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
 
Location. 38° 23.579′ N, 120° 48.182′ W. Marker is in Sutter Creek, California, in Amador County. Marker is on Main Street (Old Highway 49) near Eureka Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 53 Main Street, Sutter Creek CA 95685, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Barker Hubbell (a few steps from this marker); Robert Carlton Downs (a few steps from this marker); Native Sons Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Levaggi Opera House (within shouting distance of this marker); Brignoli Building (within shouting distance of this
Bellotti Inn image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, April 9, 2010
2. Bellotti Inn
Marker is mounted on the wall to the right of the entrance door.
marker); Sutter Creek (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of General John A. Sutter (within shouting distance of this marker); Sutter Creek Sanitarium (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Click for a list of all markers in Sutter Creek.
 
Regarding Bellotti Inn. This was the site of the American House which was built by 1853. It was destroyed by the 1865 fire. In 1867 Dr. Fifield rebuilt his hotel and named it the American Exchange Hotel. The hotelís third story was added in 1897.

The American Exchange Hotel currently has 25 rooms. The second floor has 10 rooms with private baths. The third floor has 15 rooms with shared baths. There are four shared baths in the center which are convenient to all third floor rooms.
 
Also see . . .
1. Bellottiís at the American Exchange Hotel. The Belloti Restaurant offers a short history of the hotel (Submitted on April 15, 2010.) 

2. Historic Photos of the Hotel. (Submitted on April 15, 2010.)
3. The Bellotti Inn. The first hotel on this site was built in 1853. (Submitted on April 15, 2010.) 

4. Amadorgold's American Exchange Hotel Online Tour
Bellotti Inn image. Click for full size.
By Syd Whittle, April 9, 2010
3. Bellotti Inn
. Photo's and historic information on the American Exchange Hotel (Submitted on February 4, 2012, by Amador Gold of Jackson, California, Amador County.) 
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,033 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement