Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 6981.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 20.184′ N, 94° 43.638′ W. Marker is in Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Charlton St. east of Third Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. In Louis Bronaugh Park. Marker is in this post office area: Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Martin Wagon Company (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Rehearsal Hall for the The Hoo Hoo Band (approx. 0.2 miles away); Kerr's Inc. (approx. 0.2 miles away); KRBA-AM Radio Station (approx. ¼ mile away); Calder (Cotton) Square (approx. ¼ mile away); The Depot Explosion and Mystery Lufkin Telephone Exchange (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lufkin Foundry and Machine Company (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lufkin.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 994 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.