Cullman in Cullman County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Sand Mountain Plateau
This section, previously thought unproductive, became famous for its diversified crops.
Erected 1953 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 34° 10.449′ N, 86° 50.368′ W. Marker is in Cullman, Alabama, in Cullman County. Marker is on 2nd Ave SW. Click for map. Corner of 2 Ave SW and 5th St SE in Courthouse parking lot facing 2 Ave SW. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 2nd Ave SW, Cullman AL 35055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Johnís Evangelical Protestant Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Weiss Cottage (about 500 feet away); “Die Deutsche Kolonie Von Nord Alabama” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Betz Addition Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johann Gottfried Cullmann (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cullman, Alabama (approx. half a mile away); Cullman Railroad Depot (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Cullman.
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 1,354 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on January 31, 2017.