Burgaw in Pender County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
—1861 – 1865 —
Let future generations remember that these were men whom death could not terrify, whom defeat could not dishonor. That truth, courage and patriotism endure forever.
Pender County was formed from New Hanover County by the Legislature of 1874–75 and was named in honor of Major General William Dorsey Pender of Edgecombe County.
Erected by Pender County Chapter No. 761, United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 34° 33.033′ N, 77° 55.583′ W. Marker is in Burgaw, North Carolina, in Pender County. Marker is on South Wright Street just north of Freemont Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is on the courthouse grounds. Marker is in this post office area: Burgaw NC 28425, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burgaw Station (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); S. S. Satchwell (about 700 feet away); George Burrington Stag Park (approx. 1.5 miles away); Hinton James (approx. 4.7 miles away); William S. Ashe (approx. 5.4 miles away); Samuel Ashe (approx. 5.4 miles away); Edward Moseley (approx. 5.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Burgaw.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.