Pine Springs in Culberson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
"The Pinery" or
"Pine Spring" stage stand
Built in 1858 as a station on the Butterfield overland mail route St. Louis to San Francisco · Abandoned in 1859, when the line was shifted to the Davis Mountain route.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7929.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Butterfield Overland Mail, and the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 53.599′ N, 104° 49.035′ W. Marker is in Pine Springs, Texas, in Culberson County. Marker is on U.S. 180/62, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Several ruins are found along a 0.3 mile interpretive walking trail in Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Marker is in this post office area: Salt Flat TX 79847, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Airmen (here, next to this marker); Butterfield Overland Mail (within shouting distance of this marker); Groundbreaking for the Pine Springs Visitor Center (approx. 0.3 miles away); The "Committee of Five" (approx. 0.3 miles Stephen Tyng Mather (approx. 0.3 miles away); Guadalupe Peak (approx. 3.2 miles away); El Paso Salt War (approx. 15.4 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Places • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 1,124 times since then and 34 times this year. Last updated on , by James R. Kuntz of Warrenton, Missouri. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.