Glendale in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
C. H. Tinker House
of Historic Places
By the United States Department of the Interior
Listed January 11, 2006
Cullin H. Tinker, prominent banker, and mayor from 1916 to 1922 built the house in 1913, and remodeled it in 1919. The house was designed by J. R. Kibbey as a comparatively small Neo-Classical Revival style bungalow.
In 1936, Alph and Dorothy May Jorgenson purchased the home. The home was known to military personnel and defense plant workers as the "Jorgenson Apartments". After the war, John and Virginia Hook purchased the home and lived here for nearly 50 years.
In 1997, Scott and Natalie Stahl acquired the home from the Hook family. Since that time, they have lovingly restored it to its 1919 appearance.
Location. 33° 32.297′ N, 112° 11.268′ W. Marker is in Glendale, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is on North 59th Drive south of West Glendale Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6838 North 59th Drive, Glendale AZ 85301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First National Bank of Glendale Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Coury Building Sine Brothers Hardware Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); C. L. Gillett Block/Glendale State Bank Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Humphrey and Davidson Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Glendale's Towering Flagstaff (approx. 0.2 miles away); Methodist Episcopal Church of Glendale Sanctuary (approx. 0.2 miles away); William J. Murphy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Glendale.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 775 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.