Church Hill in Queen Anne's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Luke’s Episcopal Parish
St. Luke’s, the oldest brick church in the State with its original structure, was completed, 1732, at the cost of 140,000 pounds of tobacco. From 1692 until 1732 services were held in the up river chapel, located on the present site.
All records are preserved intact, including births, baptisms, marriages, burials, vestry meetings and special occasions.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 39° 8.526′ N, 75° 59.131′ W. Marker is in Church Hill, Maryland, in Queen Anne's County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Church Lane, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Church Hill MD 21623, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Maryland's Eastern Shore (approx. 4.4 miles away); Dudley's Chapel (approx. 5.7 miles away); Chestertown Memorial (approx. 6.1 miles away); Chestertown Historic District (approx. 6.2 miles away); Worrell’s Tavern John Leeds Barroll (approx. 6.3 miles away); Common Cause (approx. 6.3 miles away); On This Site Stood the Courthouse (approx. 6.3 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,503 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.