Charlotte Court House in Charlotte County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Charlotte County Confederate Monument
cherishes the memory
of her heroes
are a people’s inspiration
Erected under the auspices of
H.A. Carrington Camp C.V. No. 34.
August 27, 1901.
“Non sibl sed patriae.”
Erected 1901 by H.A. Carrington Camp C.V. No. 34.
Location. 37° 3.382′ N, 78° 38.247′ W. Marker is in Charlotte Court House, Virginia, in Charlotte County. Marker is at the intersection of David Bruce Avenue (Virginia Route 40) and Legrande Avenue (Virginia Route 47) on David Bruce Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Charlotte Court House VA 23923, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charlotte Court House (a few steps from this marker); Henry and Randolph's Debate (within shouting distance of this marker); Charlotte County Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Charlotte Court House Historic District (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Campaign of 1781 Edgehill (approx. 2.8 miles away); Greenfield (approx. 2.8 miles away); Cub Creek Church (approx. 3.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Charlotte Court House.
More about this marker. "Non sibi sed patriae" is a Latin phrase meaning "Not for self, but for country."
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 622 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.