Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Burkeville in Nottoway County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old Nottoway Meeting House

 
 
Old Nottoway Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bernard Fisher, May 18, 2010
1. Old Nottoway Meeting House Marker
Inscription. This is the site of the Old Nottoway Meeting House, built in 1769, the second Baptist church established south of James River. Jeremiah Walker was the first minister.
 
Erected 1935 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number UK 4.)
 
Location. 37° 9.378′ N, 78° 10.851′ W. Marker is in Burkeville, Virginia, in Nottoway County. Marker is on Lewiston Plank Road (Virginia Route 723) 0.3 miles north of Lone Pine Road (Virginia Route 633), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burkeville VA 23922, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ingleside Training Institute (approx. 2 miles away); Burkeville (approx. 2.6 miles away); Wilson-Kautz Raid (approx. 2.6 miles away); Burkeville Junction (approx. 2.6 miles away); a different marker also named Burkeville Junction (approx. 2.6 miles away); Ella Graham Agnew (approx. 2.7 miles away); T. O. Sandy (approx. 2.7 miles away); Lottie Moon (approx. 3.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Burkeville.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Lewiston Plank Rd (facing south) image. Click for full size.
By Bernard Fisher, May 18, 2010
2. Lewiston Plank Rd (facing south)
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 589 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement