San Leandro in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Landmark No. 279
Erected 1964 by California State Park Commission and St. Leander's Parish. (Marker Number 279.)
Location. 37° 43.407′ N, 122° 9.606′ W. Marker is in San Leandro, California, in Alameda County. Marker is on West Estudillo Avenue near San Leandro Boulevard, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is located at the St. Leander's Catholic Church. Marker is in this post office area: San Leandro CA 94577, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. San Leandro – Industry (within shouting distance of this marker); San Leandro – Cherry Festivals (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Daniel & Meta Best Home Casa Peralta (about 500 feet away); San Leandro Courthouse Site (about 500 feet away); County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); The Little Brown Church (about 600 feet away); Masonic Temple (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in San Leandro.
Regarding Estudillo Home. This site was designated as California Registered Historical Landmark No. 279 on January 8, 1938.
Also see . . . The History of San Leandro. In January of 1837 José Joaquin Estudillo petitioned the Mexican Provincial government in Monterey to grant him land surrounding his adobe between San Leandro Creek and San Lorenzo Creek and from the bay shore to the crest of the hills. (Submitted on January 11, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Hispanic Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,109 times since then and 75 times this year. Last updated on , by Bart Burkhart of Clovis, California. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.