Winston-Salem in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Robert B. Glenn
Erected 1952 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number J-38.)
Location. 36° 5.837′ N, 80° 15.214′ W. Marker is in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker is at the intersection of North Broad Street and West 4th Street, on the right when traveling north on North Broad Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Winston Salem NC 27101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Salem Waterworks (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hotel Zinzendorf (approx. 0.3 miles away); Shamrock Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away); Symbol of Service (approx. 0.4 miles away); African-American West End Area (approx. 0.4 miles away); Safe Bus Company (approx. half a mile away); O'Hanlon's Office Building (approx. half a mile away); Consolidation of Winston & Salem (approx. half a mile away but has been reported missing). Click for a list of all markers in Winston-Salem.
Also see . . .
1. North Carolina Office of Governor - Governors of North Carolina - Robert Brodnax Glenn. (Submitted on June 7, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
2. National Governors Association - North Carolina Governor Robert Broadnax Glenn (Submitted on July 18, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
3. May 1908 Statewide Prohibition. This Month in NC History from the University of North Carolina website. (Submitted on September 1, 2010, by Patrick G. Jordan of Burlington, North Carolina.)
4. NC Markers page. (Submitted on March 10, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
5. Find A Grave page for Robert B. Glenn. (Submitted on September 10, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
Categories. • Government • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 631 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page was last revised on September 13, 2016.